Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 2: Lab 1 Preparation Post

Make sure you have read over the assignments and readings for Week 1 and at least started on Week 2. Also read over Lab 1 on Week 2.

You should be following my Tweets and Twitter handle @mediatingmimi. Please send me your blog web address and twitter name. Always tag your tweets with #J2150C so I can find them and grade them weekly. If you do not tag it you will not get credit.

Just a note
My office hours are Monday from 4 to 5 p.m. (right before this class in 221B Lee Hills).  Please email me if you need to meet with me. I have other office hours available by appointment. Email is best. If you Email me before noon I will get back to you by noon the next day with the exception of Friday and Saturday. Emails I receive after midnight on Thursday will not be answered until Monday morning. Make sure you read everything on the course site, what I have emailed you or posted here on the blog before you send me an email asking questions. My email address is perreaultm@missouri.edu.

Please Read over your first assignment before class: Link to Seeing Red Assignment

This class will focus on the basics of the DSLR Nikon 7000. You need to check out your camera in Walter Williams 11 before class and return it after class. Hours are listed under week 1. We will do some warm-up exercises in class with a partner after the short introduction. You should have read the readings for LAB 1 before class.

You might also want to try out the Camera Simulator before class:



To turn in this week: 

There is a Twitter Current Events Quiz today at the beginning of class. You can have your computer open and search for Twitter. The current events will come from noon Sunday until noon today (Monday January, 23).

First Lynda.com quiz should be completed (on WordPress.com). 

Your first Photo assignment: Seeing Red photo assignment. Due into Blackboard before your first lab session next week. 

Make sure to begin researching your Half-semester community project: Continue your research on a community story that you want to work on for the first half of the semester. Each weekly assignment over the next seven weeks will be used to develop this story into a multimedia project. You'll want to come to class with three ideas just in case the first one or two do not work out. 

Week 2-3 reading quiz due by 11:59 p.m. Friday, you will receive information about this on Tuesday in lecture. 

One blog post and two tweets due before 5 p.m. Saturday. These posts should have to
do with multimedia in some way. I will provide an optional question in class for you to
answer on your blog. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment